Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Gary and Ron discuss Logo at the Springs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 02, 2003 10:46PM
Gary and I were able to hook up at the springs today. I got there around 10:15 and found Gary and Ken (from Boeing) soaking in the womb. The day was rather windy, but we were able to beat the storm and there was hazy sunshine all day. I ended up getting more sunburnt than I had anticipated and even had to pull out the sun lotion towards the end.

Gary had to head out around 1:00 to catch his flight back to Utah, but the karma of the springs and the nice weather was too much for me so I stayed on, much longer than I had anticipated. I did not leave till around six. As a result I was able to meet some other very nice people and enjoy plenty af relaxing conversation as well as some quite time. DCV often was brought up as a topic of conversation and I distributed half a dozen more brochures. When I was on the way out I did see a small group of party goers that were heading in. I checked with them to see if they were aware of the storm that would be coming in this evening. And they replied that they did and that between two to five inches was in the forecast. I though it was not great judgement to hike in just before a large storm, but they probably felt that I did not have great judgment hiking out nude in spite of the tempearture being down to 52 degrees when I reached my vehicle. There was no sign of anyone at the Bowen Ranch when I drove in or out.

I found that the sandbags we put in the Arizona pool on Saturday had made a great difference. There were still some minor leaks, but which created the perfect temperature. Most folks spent most time in the Arizona pool were we had some great conversations. I also noticed that someone had done some work on the crab cooker, and used sandbags to dam up a couple of spots and raised the level of this pool by about half a foot. I regreted not taking a brush in with me today to scrub some of the rocks. I chose to travel light just in case I wanted to hike out quickly before the storm. The trash bags I have stowed in the area came in very handy, as I found a rather large amount of trash close the the grassy area, behind the rocks on the little beach side, and on top of the buff above were we cross along the rocks. There was no need to search much fro it today, it was easily visible in many locations. A group that had come down the mountain and hiked in from the spillway, assited carrying out trash as well.

So I guess several of you want to know what we discussed with Gary about the logo. Gary had a few new samples. A couple of just the border with "Respect this place" instead of "Take only pictures" and with "The earth has music for those that will listen" round the bottom instead of both the other two phrases. He also had a sample of the picture he had of the Anniversary pool photo, with four green silouets representing a mother and father with their two kids. Gary felt that the oval looks better vertical than horizontal. I shared with him some of the photos I had like the one taken from the ridge that is south of the springs. Gary was very understanding of the image we wanted to project with our logo. However, we decided that a photo of the entire area like the one I had taken was too far away and you loose the detail. We agreed that the photo should be of a couple of distinct charachteristics of Deep Creek Hotsprings that are easily recognizable, but that the area is too big to enclude everything. Gary suggested that we ask a family to pose in the picture of the Anniversary pool. However, I feel that it may be better if the photo is a a suficient distance so that the folks are not cleary identifiable.

Based on all this I would like to propose, that the photo encompas both the womb and anniversary pools, as well as the small palm trees above the womb and the shower pipe below the anniversary pool. I feel that these features would make it clearly identifiable. We could either take the photo from some of the rocks on the buff across the creek from the hot pools in which case the logo would need to be horizontal, or from the rock above the crab cooker in which case the anniversary pool appears above the womb, and you can still see the other features mentioned (this would also accomodate the vertical oval). In fact, one of the photo's that Gary gave Wizard to post on page 38, is taken from this angle (see the "two first timers). We could then look for volunteers to try and include in this shot, hopefully a family or two, as well as some other adults. Some of these people would be nude while others would not, some folks could be relaxing in one of the pools, someone could be sunbathing on a rock, another person could be picking up trash with Van's handy dandy tool, the kids could be playing, splashing or jumping in, and a person could be having a shower from the pipe. This would give us a fairly, broad cross sections of activities, the family oriented clothing optional perspective, and would probably be with enough detail so the casual observer can see what is going on, but not sufficient detail for people to be clearly recognizable. We would obviously need to find volunteers for the photo and then set a date. The volunteers would not necesarily be members of DCV, but rather anyone willing to participate. If necesary we could contact other local naturist groups to see if they are willing to assist. What do you all think about this idea?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gary and Ron discuss Logo at the Springs

Ron 1286May 02, 2003 10:46PM

Re: Gary and Ron discuss Logo at the Springs

LaughingBear 646May 02, 2003 11:07PM

Ron 648May 03, 2003 07:10AM

Paul P. 634May 03, 2003 09:47AM

Ron 663May 03, 2003 11:48AM

Wizard 663May 03, 2003 09:48AM

Wizard 662May 03, 2003 09:58AM

Gary 1275May 03, 2003 09:22PM

Wizard 1109May 03, 2003 09:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login