Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Yellow Flower

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 10, 2003 08:41AM
I went with my family up to spend time at Deep Creek near DCHS yesterday. On our hike down into the canyon I saw a big yellow flower, first flower I've seen this year. The smaller plants are starting to grow quickly and on the tree branches the leaves are just barely starting to pop out too. Forgot to mention that a few weeks ago after the rains I ran across some prints of a large animal in the fresh mud along the creek not too far from DCHS. I would say from its size and shape that it was from a mountain lion. I know there are bobcats in the area but they are rather small and this print was bigger than the palm of my hand. It was a wonderful warm day down along the creek and I got in the creek about waist deep and splashed myself with the still cold waters. I'm looking forward to the new season of enjoying swimming at Deep Creek. Late in the day some mosquitos were out. We hiked back out of the canyon, passing through DCHS specifically and found quite a few people there and more on the trail out. It looked like it had been pretty busy down there that day. The creek is up a bit from the warmer days melting snow in the high country. The creek crossing from beach to Crab Cooker area is still easy with clean sand on the bottom. The creek is warming up a bit which makes the crossing less of a shock. Hopefully well get some additional rains so we get lots of flowers in the near future :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Yellow Flower

Wizard 1022March 10, 2003 08:41AM

Re: Yellow Flower

katrina island 614March 10, 2003 11:36AM

Paul P. 731March 11, 2003 05:00PM

katrina island 644March 11, 2003 08:41PM

LaughingBear 659March 10, 2003 02:00PM

LaughingBear 642March 11, 2003 05:51PM

LaughingBear 683March 11, 2003 07:00PM

Wizard 621March 11, 2003 08:20PM

LaughingBear 700March 12, 2003 02:41AM

Paul P. 1331March 12, 2003 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login