Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS Reunion

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 10, 2002 10:25PM
Well it was a bonanza of regulars down at the springs today. I hiked off the hills down into Deep Creek and crossed the bridge downstream from DCHS about a mile or so and then went upstream to the springs. When I crossed the bridge I had to drag my dog Sparky across since she was all spooked about that darn bridge! It was a fine day and it was warm enough to go non clothed. When I got to the springs there were alot of familiar faces. DCR was there with her hubby, Frank, Pete, two Joes, Scott and we all had a great time enjoying the beautiful day and being back at one of our favorite places. As I was coming in on the powerline road from Deep Creek Road I saw that the Mohave River was running all the way to Rock Springs road. Scott who came in later said the Mohave was running past Rock Springs road when he went by. The creek at DCHS was up from the rains. It had gone up almost as high as the Crab Cooker. The Arizona pool and the Serenity pool were under the stream. Additional mud had been deposited on the rocks around the Crab Cooker. I saw DCR with a bucket washing off the rocks so I went to help her. When we were done the rock were nice and clean. During the day the creek dropped about a foot which made the crossing better. DCR suggested bringing a plastic bottle to put hot water in to rinse off with when you cross to return home, a good idea. The wade across around sunset wasn't too bad and was about waist deep. The water was cold but not like it can be in the colder part of winter. It was a real fun day and I'm very glad we have our special springs back :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS Reunion

Wizard 1819November 10, 2002 10:25PM

Re: DCHS Reunion

DCR 660November 11, 2002 09:57AM

Ken 666November 11, 2002 02:35PM

Wizard 646November 11, 2002 08:06PM

Wizard 567November 11, 2002 08:26PM

Rick 675November 12, 2002 09:14PM

Dan 1027November 18, 2002 01:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login