Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

What happened to the website?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 19, 2001 12:20PM
I found out that Mike Castro had filed a complaint with Tripod (my website server) that the website was libelous. Tripod is a free service and had terms and conditions for its use. Tripod's rules stated that even if it might be libelous, they could cancel your service. That is what happened, with no notice.

Because of that, a substantial amount of the HTML code was lost. I wrote to Tripod several times and received no response. At that time, Mike Castro filed a cross-complaint in the Ronnie Bates case naming DCHS, Inc. myself and others for libel, slander, and emotional distress. We were never served with the lawsuit even though we would show up in court. It appears that they did not really want us involved in the lawsuit. It appears to have been just a threat to intimidate us from continuing to publish this information to interested parties.

We have a right to free speech about these issues. These issues are of public interest because they affect the public and public lands. I will continue to make statements that I believe to be true. My intention is to protect our civil and human rights in the deep creek area.

It took substantial time and energy to create the website and now I find myself struggling to find the time to redo it. I have so much that I need to do or would like to do. I really hope to restore the website in the near future. There is much to say about the Willow Fire that you don't even know about. Very controversial information that the authorities would not like exposed.

I really would like an investigation into the fire. We had a group of local citizens (about 30) who were requesting an investigation from the Grand Jury, Congressman Lewis and the Board of Supervisors. I spoke about the Willow Fire at the Board of Supervisors. It was my first speech. The Supervisor recommended that the Forest Service reduce the overgrowth and brush in the forest.

The General Accounting Office report April 1999, stated that our Western Forests were a tinderbox. The GAO stated that the Forest Service had mismanaged the health of the forest.

Someday soon I will start rebuilding the website. Right now, I need to spend some time with the wildflowers in the desert. It only happens once a year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What happened to the website?

Katrina 1643April 19, 2001 12:20PM

Re: What happened to the website?

Paul P. 830April 21, 2001 09:33AM

Wizard 778April 21, 2001 10:46AM

Katrina 677April 22, 2001 01:20PM

Paul P. 650April 23, 2001 10:54PM

Scott Ravers 680April 26, 2001 07:59PM

Rick 615April 28, 2001 07:15PM

Scott is a lacky?

Rick 764April 28, 2001 07:23PM

Wizard 678April 27, 2001 08:39AM

Re: Scott is a lacky?

Katrina 677April 30, 2001 12:05PM

carrie anne 1075November 05, 2002 03:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login