Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Is anyone here anymore?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 19, 2001 10:53PM
I think the big issues facing Deep Creek in the coming year of 2002 include:

1) public access
2) overuse
3) safety

Indeed there will be plenty to talk about. I'm glad to see Katrina has posted an entry on soak.net regarding the future of Deep Creek. I noticed she borrowed heavily from an earlier post of mine (that's OK, I borrowed heavily from the forest service website and other locations!). And lo and behold, Katrina posted at soak.net using her real name!! Will wonders never cease! I'm sure many of us regulars besides myself have known about Katrina and her real name since the inception of this forum. I'm not being critical at all- in fact, I fully understand it! I know Katrina has been so deeply involved in the more pernicious issues of Deep Creek Hot Springs that she apparently fears retaliation from Mike Castro and others.

Anyway, we all look forward to Katrina's updates on all Deep Creek Hot Springs issues in the coming year. I and my small batch of converts have continued efforts in the political and legislative arena to preserve Deep Creek Hot Springs for future generations. Letter writing is always a good thing. Phone calls and E-mails to appropriate officials are also good. Always ask for a response back. Just lashing out at the Wild and Scenic River Act or the Endangered Species Act or the Forest Service Plan is not effective.

I personally am optimistic about the future of Deep Creek Hot Springs. I do not foresee the effective establishment of a Conservancy or non-profit organization like at Goldmeyer Hot Springs to manage Deep Creek. If anything is going to preserve Deep Creek, it will be a governmental body. I'm sure many of you will disagree with me on this, but that is OK.

I also look forward in the New Year to the more entertaining aspects of this Forum. Wizard's contributions are always fun to read, (even if he can't spell ;-). His photo contributions at Craig's website and his own msn.com portal site are also worth their weight in gold.

Thre are so many other regulars who have made excellent contributions here. I think we should all deeply thank Rick for keeping this Forum up and running. His believe in free speech is refreshingly apparent (however, I must agree that she-man Jennifer deserved what she/he got.)

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!. May we all return to the Womb several times in 2002 and experience the rebirth that only Deep Creek can provide.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is anyone here anymore?

netsurfer 1616December 18, 2001 06:28PM

Wizard 775December 18, 2001 09:32PM

katrina 810December 19, 2001 02:16AM

Wizard 787December 19, 2001 08:45AM

netsurfer 889December 19, 2001 06:31PM

Paul P. 888December 19, 2001 10:53PM

claudia 743December 27, 2001 09:50AM

katrina 800December 27, 2001 11:26AM

DPierrotLeFou 1268December 27, 2001 08:51PM

Wizard 784December 20, 2001 09:11AM

katrina 704December 21, 2001 04:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login