Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

SYCAMORE LAUGHING CONNED BY MIKE CASTRO?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 05, 2002 11:50PM
You state that "I do not consider myself to have a side in this, merely an opinion." Your statement that you do not have a side in this is proven to be untrue by your very first statement, "People who don't agree with her, or who don't like what she is doing are merely people with opinions, as there is no group trying to get anything from Katrina/DCHS, Inc. Since Katrina has targeted Mike Castro, she considers anyone who says anything positive or supportive of him as an enemy on an opposing side, but that is simply not the case."

Because in this statement you are putting words in my mouth that I have not expressed anywhere. I have never said that anyone was my enemy I believe these thoughts originated in your own mind. They are not in my mind. Then your statement that I have targeted Mike Castro. When criminals commit crimes, the victims usually file complaints and identify the criminal. You are amazing to twist that into targeting Mike Castro. Mike Castro is the alleged criminal; of course, the victims would identify him. You have revealed what side you are on by your own statements.

I, Katrina, have said before and I will say it again, I realize that many people have been innocently conned by Mike Castro. These people are only ignorant of the truth. Most people are not in the Deep Creek area on a regular and consistent basis to really know or observe what Mike Castro is really doing. I am not threatened by anyone who truly wants to know the truth. Are you willing to really look at the evidence to find out the truth?

It is important to become familiar with the law because ignorance is no excuse when defending yourself from criminal charges. All individuals involved in supporting Mike Castro's criminal enterprise either through words or actions would be wise to find out what the law states about what is going on at the Bowen Ranch. Because at some point in time, their words and/or actions could take on a deeper meaning, a criminal meaning. You have been informed that we have gone to the appropriate authorities.

I did take the time to make sure that you knew what the law states concerning these issues so that at least you would be making a knowledgeable decision.

An individual does have an expectation of privacy at their campsite and a campsite is recognized as a residence in the law. The law would provide some guidelines as to the boundaries of the protected area around the campsite. I do not know those details.

Therefore, you are reasonable to expect privacy at your campsite. However, the statements that you have made about Jobe in order to get him to leave you alone are not within protected speech. I researched the law before I made any statements on the website or on this forum. There are definitions in the law about what is protected speech and what is not, Civil Code of Procedure Section 425.16.

In this circumstance, the person you are making statements about is a "private individual". You or anyone else has not reported these alleged crimes to the appropriate authorities. If it could be found that you or anyone else involved made a false, malicious, unprivileged publication aiming to defame a living person, Jobe may have the grounds for a lawsuit. Printed or written material that tend to expose a person to public scorn, hatred, contempt or ridicule may be considered libelous.

Maybe you think that what I have said on the website or on this forum is libelous. However, there are BIG differences. The first one is that I did, have and will continue to go to the appropriate authorities. This protects my related speech under the law. Then Mike Castro is a public person as he affects access to a popular recreation destination open to the public. In addition, I assert that my statements are true and that I have substantial evidence to support my allegations. The written statements are made in a place open to the public or a public forum in connection with an issue of public interest. Our conduct is in furtherance of the exercise of the constitutional right of petition and the constitutional right of free speech in connection with a public issue. I have been conscientious about conducting myself within the laws defining protected speech.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SYCAMORE LAUGHING CONNED BY MIKE CASTRO?

katrina island 1438September 05, 2002 11:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login