Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Meeting feedback

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 26, 2002 08:52PM
Hello to all,
I was glad to see a few words about the meeting on another thread, but thought it needed a heading of its own. Yes, everyone, the meeting did go well. Wizard and I had no argumentative words at all, and I was pleased to see that, in fact, we can get along and work together well.
The brochure, while way longer than I would have thought I would want, is really taking shape. Since I left the house so many days ago, I was not able to read the posts in which changes were contributed. Naked Man, you made some really good contributions. The final product is one I would not have any problem with handing to people, although I am still against having them left at the site and am still concerned that they might become a part of the problem.
Ron, I do thank you for not taking anything I said about the brochure personally, and please know that I applaud your efforts and feel that your motivation is sincere.
In our meeting, we moved through most of the agenda items until we reached the one about the brochure. Most of the items were not too difficult to deal with, and we only got off track at the times that Jobe felt like changing the subject to a discussion of Mike Castro's property line. I, being still confused and not pleased with Jobe's trespassing the previous evening and arriving in my campsite uninvited and as evasive as usual when questioned, was tempted to keep trying to get a straight answer out of him, but reminders to return to the appropriate subjects for our group were heeded by everyone, even Jobe.
Once Ron had handed out the brochures, we recessed for a pleasant swimming break. When we reconvened, each of us except Jobe read our brochures and had discussion about the content, format, etc. As noted by Naked Man, Jobe did leave the meeting several times to take photos, and his participation in the discussion was minimal.
I was pleased and actually surprised at the progress that was made at our meeting. Mostly, I was pleased that we did try to reach consensus on each item and that everyone who participated was willing to compromise if that would help us to reach consensus.
Hopefully, Ron and Wizard will post their thoughts on the meeting as well, and the results of some of our discussions. We didn't have anyone taking anything as formal as meeting minutes, so there won't be any word-for-word account of exactly what was said. I suggest that those who could not make the meeting but do want to participate consider what each person's report has and then ask questions from there, as I am way too tired to write any more about the whole experience right now and you are probably all tired of the length of this post. SORRY!! Peace.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Meeting feedback

Sycamore Laughing 1391August 26, 2002 08:52PM

Re: Meeting feedback

Sycamore Laughing 1222August 27, 2002 08:38AM

Laughing Bear 541August 27, 2002 09:16AM

Ron 582August 27, 2002 08:55PM

P.O. Box

Ron 575August 28, 2002 08:27PM

Re: P.O. Box

Naked Man 548August 29, 2002 04:14PM

Naked Man 547August 29, 2002 04:15PM

Ron 1083August 29, 2002 08:49PM

EastBay 560August 29, 2002 11:48AM

Naked Man 541August 29, 2002 04:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login