Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

BLM's take on public nudity

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 29, 2002 11:56AM
I just got off the phone with Barry Nelson and he spent some time explaining to me the BLM's position on public nudity in thier lands. He was very polite and helpful. They veiw public nudity the same as the sheriffs dept. Barry said that he , or his other officers would be applying state laws, which they are in a position to enforce, and that people found nude on thier land can be arrested or ticketed. So DCR, to answer your question, anyone hiking without proper attire would be in violation of the BLM policy while hiking across the small portion of BLM lands just south of the Bowen Parking area. He also indicated that he has no special arrangement with Mike Castro to not ticket people along that portion of the Bowen Trail that crosses BLM land. They would be treating all of thier lands the same in regards to nudity in public. So after exploring the issues with all these differant agencies it is clear that to be nude as an adult, or as an adult in front of minors is a violation of state laws regarding nudity and you " can " be arrested in any of these USFS or BLM lands. DCHS is not a officially designated clothing optional area. The Forest Service personel will " allow " the nudity in thier lands but these other agencies could ticket or arrest you. I also left a message with Barry to ask if his officers can arrest or ticket people within Forest Service lands just as the Sheriffs can. I will post here what I find out from him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM's take on public nudity

Wizard 5447July 29, 2002 11:56AM

Re: BLM's take on public nudity

DCR 967July 29, 2002 12:04PM

katrina 1005July 29, 2002 12:39PM

Rick 919July 29, 2002 10:13PM

Wizard 866July 29, 2002 07:48PM

katrina 1549July 30, 2002 12:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login