Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Naturism

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 21, 2002 08:52PM
This is the word which I feel most describes my enjoyment of various outdoor environments ( like DCHS ) without the adornment of clothing. I am very comfortable in my own skin and like " all " the rest of the living inhabitants that live on this earth ( besides humans ) that live out thier lives without artificial fabric draped on thier bodies, I feel no shame in being in my natural form. I have had an experience this weekend that has very much saddened me. There is so much that I would want to say on this subject that it is hard to know where to start so first I will refer to my two post in Katrina's post about the Los Angeles times article. In my post I discussed being confronted by some people in two sheriff's vehicles. In the end of that experience I thought that I was done with that situation. This afternoon I had another experience that showed that this was not the case. Today ( Sunday ) my wife the kids and I went shopping to get groceries and when we arrived back home there was a sheriff vehicle parked near the street in front of our house. We pulled in and the officer got out and came over. I'll try and be as breif as possible in explaining what we talked about. First I would like to say that I was very impressed by this officers manner and his sense of diplomacy. I can say that my experience with him makes me feel that he is the kind of officer I wish they all could be. He was there at our home to discuss the situation of the two sheriff vehicles I had met up with the night before. He gave his message in the form of friendly advice and I at no time felt he was telling me what I should decide for myself. I really apprecitated that about him. He explained that a number of the people in these vehicles who are ( by my understanding) involved with search and rescue, were to put it very lightly, not happy at all that they had come upon me naked with my two daughters. He said that if these rescue people would have followed normal procedure that I may have very well ended up in jail and had the CPS involved with this situation. I have heard many stories of what the CPS can do with thier power and it is an unsettling thought. For me, I was just returning from a fine day at the springs with my children enjoying nature in a peaceful manner. I have never been confronted by " any " officials in my 20 years of visiting DCHS concerning nudity. I'd like to say here that in my discussion of what I am feeling, so many thoughts come to mind, and will do my best to proceed in a way that will tell the story of what I wish to share with you. The officer that visited our home was doing so in a friendly manner. His advice was this. In view that as Naturist we represent a very small minority of the general public that I should be aware that the courts, CPS, certain people in law enforcement have what could be very acurately called, a negative view of the fact that we enjoy nature in this manner, without clothes. His main point was that doing this with children present can present, under the right circumstances, very big problems for those involved. Now I have enjoyed Naturism and the DCHS environment for many years. I now have two wonderful children. I have taken them to the springs since they were 2 months old. I have taken many pictures of them over the years. As they were getting older I began to be concerned that my pictures might be seen by some as somehow wrong because of thier age. To put it simply, this officers advice was this. I could enjoy this thing I like to call Naturism but it would be best to leave my children out of it because of the repercusions that might result because of how our society veiws nudity in relation to children. The vast majority of our society does not see something like this in a positive light. The events of this weekend have naturally made my wife concerned. I know the CPS can swoop in and take your children in an instant. The details are sorted out later. I love my children dearly. I look forward to seeing them everynight. To have them taken away from me for any reason is nothing less than a nightmare. I have spoken to my wife, my brother, my mother, three key people in my life, and they all suggest that it would be wise to follow this officers advice concerning my children and the springs. Continued on the next post-------
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Naturism

Wizard 1116July 21, 2002 08:52PM

Re: Naturism

Wizard 629July 21, 2002 09:15PM

Wizard 648July 21, 2002 09:21PM

Laughing Bear 738July 21, 2002 10:26PM

NevadaNaturist 686July 21, 2002 11:30PM

Wizard 983July 22, 2002 07:11AM

NevadaNaturist 794July 22, 2002 08:38AM

Paul P. 619July 22, 2002 09:14AM

EastBay 587July 22, 2002 10:22AM

DCR 730July 22, 2002 11:53AM

sycamore laughing 704July 22, 2002 03:12PM

EastBay 640July 22, 2002 05:36PM

Wizard 856July 22, 2002 09:37PM

Wizard 644July 22, 2002 10:08PM

katrina island 648July 23, 2002 12:12AM

Wizard 712July 23, 2002 07:48AM

Ron 705July 23, 2002 08:07PM

Wizard 672July 23, 2002 09:54PM

DCR 651July 24, 2002 07:39AM

Katrina 706July 24, 2002 06:08PM

Wizard 663July 24, 2002 09:00AM

Wizard 697July 24, 2002 07:19PM

Paul P. 645July 24, 2002 10:02PM

Wizard 1104July 25, 2002 09:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login