Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Did I hear someone say, Snow Pictures :-)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 19, 2002 09:51AM
Well MP you must be a psychic :-) Yesterday ( Monday ) I woke up and looked out my bedroom window and said , oh boy, snowday at OZ! I had heard from a regular to the springs that there had been some lite snow down at DCHS on Saturday night. There was a good three inches of snow at our house in Apple Valley on Monday morning which would mean the whole Victor Valley would be shut down due to this devastating snow storm, and of course who could go to work in those conditions. I even heard a police report that said that nobody should go to work and if people could make it to the hotsprings that they should do this to help ease congestion on the roads :-) Yep, that will due for an excuse! So I loaded my stuff and my pooches and made a beeline for DCHS. I always love drivin those dirt roads in the fresh snow. There had been some traffic on the Bowen Ranch road. I made my turn onto the Powerline Road just north of the cattle guard and I was the first person in on that route. A bit further up on the powerline road I could see the Bowen Ranch road past the cattle guard and saw that there were also no tracks on the Bowen Ranch road past the village. Ah good, I was the first one coming in and it was about 10 AM at that point. It was a nice smooth ride on the fresh snow and the skys were clearing and the blue sky was coming fast. I knew the snow would start melting rapidly in the sunshine so I hurried on my way. When I got to where I park on route 3 it was clear and sunny, and very bright with all the white snow all around. It was a beautiful hike down through the " Secret Canyon " and then I came out of it where you then see a great veiw down into the Deep Creek canyon below. Shortly after that I connected with the Bowen Ranch trail and could see that there were no fresh tracks. The snow scenes in the Deep Creek canyon where wonderful to see in the bright sunshine. When I got to the springs I found that I was the only one there which was what I had hoped for. I like getting some photos of the area without people in them on days like that. Just makes things look so pristine. I had taken quite a few pictures by this point and I went on to take more before taking my first dip in the Womb. As I was making my way to get a shot just below the Aniversary pool I slipped on some wet grass and slid down on my side in a muddy area, bummer. Kinda twisted my shoulder a bit too :-( Oh well, nothin that a little wine therapy couldn't fix :-) After taking some more photos I finally got nekid and did my first dip. After a breif relaxing soak I felt refreshed and got out and got my black trash bag out to do some cleanup around the area. Some knucklehead threw some beer cans up into the miniature palms above the Womb, which is not an easy place to get too. I got a long stick and was able to knock the cans out of there. Did my normal trash route around all the rocks and the whole area were people usual spend time. I crossed the creek to the beach on the other side and found quite a bit of " stuff " there also. When I was done I had quite a haul of " goodies " for a cool springs day. Just when I thought I was done picking up all the little " presents " I spotted a plastic bottle sitting at the bottom out in the creek so I got in and retreived it. It was pretty cool but the stream is definitely warming up. A couple of regulars had joined me by this time as well as another couple. The guy of this couple thanked me for picking up the trash and offered to help carry out some of it. I gave him about a third of my " take " and thanked him for his generosity. Its really nice when people work together to help take care of the springs. Later one of the regulars got out his pools hose and cleaned out the Womb and the Serenity pools. The pools over time build up debris on the bottom from various things but mostly from bits of algae that are brushed off the rocks under water as people move around the pools. The sun had made things real comfortable by early afternoon and it was so refreshing taking dips and then sitting out in the rays :-) Around 5 PM the sun was getting low in the skys and was shinning its golden light on the hills to the north which were now brown, no more snow :-( I love it down there at all times of the year but spring is one of my favorite times seeing all the new growth. Had a nice hike out at sunset, even though my arm did get pretty tired carrying my bag of prizes left at OZ by other thoughtful visitors :-) It had been a fine day at the springs added to my many fun memories of good times there. I will be taking my rolls in to get them developed today and should have them back in a couple of days. I took 250 pictures and I know you all will want to see each one! Just jokin, just the usual, maybe 25 to 30 pics. I'll have to see how they came out. The snow ones should be real nice in the bright sunshine and blue skys. I also had taken some differant angles of the Womb which I hope will turn out well. I'll let you know when I have them on the " Wizards pictures " link. Lator Gator :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Did I hear someone say, Snow Pictures :-)

Wizard 1383March 19, 2002 09:51AM

Re: Did I hear someone say, Snow Pictures :-)

mp 524March 19, 2002 11:22PM

Re: Did I hear someone say, Snow Pictures :-)

Ron 1021March 21, 2002 08:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login