Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Perfect day for hiking

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 19, 2005 08:54PM
Today was a perfect day for hiking out in them hills. With the recent rains and blue skies, I couldnt resist. The local Mojave chapter of the Sierra Club sponsors hikes every Wednsday and the leader asked if I would guide the group to the water caves in Arrastra Canyon. We met at the Kiosk at the junction of Bowen Ranch Road and 3N14 and proceded from there. The hills are turning green even though its still January and springs have sprung up in many of the normaly dry ravines. As we approached Arrastra Canyon, we could hear the water flowing from up on the ridge. Its really flowing good over Tahiti Falls and all the way up. Now is the time to go!

Along our journey I did track 2 mountain lions. One is full grown and the other a yearling. I found fresh tracks since the rain so its best to hike with a friend or two. We had a couple of dogs with us and encountered nothing but a stray rabbit or two. We had lunch on a big rock near some old Indian caves and could see where the Kitty had been lounging as well. It was a very quiet day. After the hike, I took a nice peacefull nap in my Village palace and watched the birds. It was a perfect mid winter day in the sunshine.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Perfect day for hiking

LaughingBear 1126January 19, 2005 08:54PM

Re: Perfect day for hiking

Wizard 1311January 19, 2005 09:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login