Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Forest Service Meeting

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 03, 2001 12:14PM
I did not personally attend because I went to the BLM meeting not knowing that it was cancelled. According to sources, the Forest Service meeting was to present the Forest Service Management Plan Update which is now available for review and comment. The main topics discussed were roads, trails, wilderness areas and development. The delicate balance between man and nature on our public lands. About 50-60 people attended many of them developers. The Forest Service was confronted about the "alleged" illegal exchanges of land to developers.

Joyce Burk from the Sierra Club attended. Joyce Burk wants to designate the Deep Creek area as Wilderness. Wilderness areas are off limits to motorized vehicles and man made structures and may require a permit to visit. If this area is designated as "wilderness" this would mean that the public would have to hike from the boundary of the "wilderness", the Bowen Ranch building would be removed and you may be required to have a permit. Joyce would also like to have Deep Creek designated as a Wild and Scenic River.

There are more meetings planned. I will make it a point to contact Ruth Wenstrom again and ask to be notified of these meetings. The future of Deep Creek is being discussed right now. We are not the only ones interested in the future of Deep Creek and I think it is important that we participate in this process to preserve our access rights.

The management plan update is available upon request. Please feel free to use the empowerment link on the main page to request information and communicate your views on Deep Creek and public lands.

http://www.deepcreekhotsprings.org/empowerment.shtml
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Forest Service Meeting

katrina 1450November 03, 2001 12:14PM

Re: Forest Service Meeting

Paul P. 740November 04, 2001 11:13PM

katrina 940November 05, 2001 12:15AM

Rick 860November 05, 2001 12:33PM

katrina 1071November 06, 2001 12:34PM

Paul P. 709November 05, 2001 10:30AM

Monkey wrench gang 772November 05, 2001 11:11AM

katrina 811November 05, 2001 01:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login