Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: trip review 11-1-13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 04, 2013 01:41PM
Juliankaye, I was the freehiker that you caught up with on the trail. It was nice to meet you and have someone to talk to on the way down.

I pulled into the parking area and removed my clothes. After applying sunscreen I headed down the trail. It was not until I had descended the hill, crossed the dirt road and started on the trail that I realized that I had left my shorts and t-shirt in the car. I had never hiked the trail without some kind of coverup in my backpack. I was contemplating returning to the car when I saw Juliankaye headed down the trail. I decided at that point to go "without a net" to the springs.

What a great day! everyone at the springs, six guys and two girls, was nude and it was a nice mellow crowd. The last time I hiked to the springs, there were a dozen, loud, 20 somethings all with bathing suits on. I only saw one other guy nude at the springs that day. Once I arrived, I sat in the sun and ate a little lunch and hiked around beyond the springs. A couple of guys were hiking in on the PCT and stopped to look at the springs. They seemed interested but kept their clothes on and headed back to the trail.

I did not encounter anyone on the hike out. I think that was a first for me. As I arrived back in the parking area, the three young ladies described by Juliankaye were just heading out. I assumed that they would meet freehikers on their way in, but they seemed okay with me being nude in the parking area, so I figured that they would be fine on the trail.

A little later the two guys and girl arrived in the parking area. I was still nude, but getting ready to leave. One of the guys came over to me to ask directions. We talked a little and and I described the trail and landmarks. I wish that I would have suggested they try freehiking as it was a beautiful day and I am always looking for converts. After they saw Juliankaye on the trail, maybe it convinced them.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

trip review 11-1-13

juliankaye1743November 01, 2013 05:54PM

Re: trip review 11-1-13

Patrick1426November 04, 2013 01:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login