Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

00002-03-2010 Sunny trip report with photos

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 04, 2010 03:06AM
We arrived at the Bradford ridge trail head at 10:30am . My friends were first timers from Utah . The McKinley creek was almost 2 feet deep and flowing all the way to Deep creek. I put pictures of this on my flickr site here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jobeflickr/

Try clicking on the slide show feature for a good look. The sun was shining and it was too pretty not to go to D.C.H.S.
My friends made it to Deep creek by 12:00. At two pm I got my thermometer out and took the temps of the pools. All temps are taken from the center of the pools near the surface.
The Arizona pool is still over flowing by several inches the temp was 49,2 degrees. The heat flows near the surface as under the water there it was very cold, too cold for me to stand in. Some one has dug all the sand out and blocked some of the flow with boulders up stream at this pool. Thanks to who ever.
The Anniversary pool was 103.4 degrees and very nice to soak in. Some one had left a bunch of Coors beer cans and several girls panties there. I hauled all this trash out.
The Big Pool was 97.6 degrees. I found more Coors beer cans and more girls panties here too. As can be seen in my photos the pool water was very clear here.
The pool between the Crab cooker and the big pool was 104.0 degrees. That was in it's middle. Some one had made most of the water from the crab cooker flow into here. The temp on the crab cooker side was 111.7 degrees and.very nice.
The water temp in the middle of the crab cooker was 113.4 degrees.
The out side air temp was 77.5 degrees.
Any one crossing Deep Creek with the water this cold and swift HAS too love the hot springs. Other wise find the Bradford Ridge trail head.
Enjoy the photos and happy hot springing !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

00002-03-2010 Sunny trip report with photos

jobe2084February 04, 2010 03:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login