Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS/Dec 10th

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 11, 2005 07:55PM
Ron Mercer and I met down at the springs for our December DCV day. I arrived first around 11AM, and went around to picked up some trash, and afterwards, began to look for the buried USFS sign in the sand, referencing a photo showing it still standing before it fell down and was buried by last winters floods. A little while later Ron showed up, took a soak for a while, then came over to see how I was doing with the search. Ron went for another soak, and after I had no luck finding the sign, I went for a soak in the Womb. Ron in the meantime took a turn at digging for the sign, but after having no luck either, picked up some trash too, and then went down to the Arizona pool for a midday soak, and nap in the brief winter sun, since he had not had much sleep the night before. A while later, he joined me at the Womb, where I was soaking and conversing with some other Naturist. There was Steve and Bob, brothers who spend time also at Glen Eden, Steve indicating that he views the DCHS Forum often. Also with us were Anton, and Lydia, who I had met before a year or two ago. All of us relaxed and talked until late in the day. It was a nice quite time with few visitors throughout the afternoon. Ron and I crossed the creek for our return journey at sunset, and had a wonderful hike out, with a three quarters moon to the east, and Venus to the south. Ron then came to our home to finish out the day, joining us for dinner and a movie. The Arizona Pool was full Saturday, and appeared to have been sealed with a liberal amount of sand applied to its various leak areas. The creek is still easily crossed from the beach area, its cold, but not bad for this time of year. As we all sat in the Womb, we watched a Kingfisher fly back and forth above the Lagoon. This bueatiful bird lives along waterways like Deep Creek. My knee was hurting me on the hike in, its cause not clear, and today it was quite sore, so I will have to take a break from my DCHS, and Granite Mtns hikes, until it heals up. Hopefully I'll mend soon, and will be able to get back out to the nature walks I truly enjoy :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS/Dec 10th

Wizard 1665December 11, 2005 07:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login