Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Attitudes towards nudity on trail/at springs?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 17, 2017 01:33PM
I have been hiking to DCHS since 1984, and in that time I have only had two occasions where someone actually threatened me because of being unclothed. One instance a long time ago I had been hearing from a few people while soaking in the Phoenix Pool that a guy was in the Womb telling people that they could not come into the pool unless they had clothes on. I did not think much about it, then later in the day as I do many times I wandered over to the Womb to do some soaking, and this guy told me I could not get in. I tried to explain to him that its been a tradition that clothing optional is a way some people spend their time at the springs. This moron actually started swimming across the Womb, being very aggressive, intending on getting in a fight with me but thankfully his more reasonable companions that he had come with him calmed him down. I then got into the Serenity Pool with other Naturist that were there and we had no qualms about maintaining the basically " forever " tradition of DCHS being fine for clothing optional folks. The second time I was confronted was a few Thanksgivings ago. I had been soaking in the Phoenix Pool with other Naturist, then I walked up to the Anniversary Pool just to take its temperature. The pool was completely full of people and I did not think anything of it since that is the case many times on busy days. This guy at the end of the pool told me I had to go away and not get in the pool since I did not have clothes on. I tried to explain to him about the clothing optional tradition of these springs, and then this guy got out of the pool and threatened to throw me over the cliff by the shower. I told him its nothing to get in a fight about and that I was going back to soak in the Phoenix Pool. This guy was with a large group of morons that were with him and they completely took over the Anniversary Pool for most of the day and were making derogatory comments to any clothing optional people that came by the pool. When this contentious group finally headed out, they left all of their trash around the pool. When they were hiking up the Bowen Ranch trail and they got just above Mofo Hilll we heard gunfire, their goodbye to us, not surprising considering their previous behavoir.

Other than that people that I have encountered have been accepting of the clothing option tradition of these springs. Sometimes you will see certain folks uncomfortable with seeing the nudity, but they usually set up their spot away from Naturist if it bothers them, or they will not make any negative comments. I support fully that DCHS always remains a clothing optional retreat. There are less of them all the time so I appreciate this special place for that smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2017 02:34PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Attitudes towards nudity on trail/at springs?

freehiker133344February 15, 2017 03:59PM

Wizard1634February 15, 2017 04:42PM

neogeo1891February 16, 2017 12:36AM

Wildman12341473February 16, 2017 03:55AM

Paul P.1506February 16, 2017 12:45PM

Wizard1314February 17, 2017 01:33PM

Alan1221February 17, 2017 07:09PM

Wizard1428February 18, 2017 10:41AM

Paul P.1149February 17, 2017 07:45PM

Wizard1022February 18, 2017 10:38AM

Paul P.1077February 18, 2017 08:37PM

jaybirdsen1079February 25, 2017 04:30PM

Wizard1134February 26, 2017 01:24PM

shinjou1076April 08, 2017 01:26AM

juliankaye1017April 08, 2017 07:56AM

neogeo899April 08, 2017 10:19AM

Antranik1577April 08, 2017 02:07PM

Wildman12341530May 02, 2017 04:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login