Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: 25lbs of Trash!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 11, 2001 09:51PM
Indeed it is hard Wizard to make lots of trips back and forth carrying trash. I' ve only done the 3-trip routine twice, and usually it was when I was there alone and without the wife and our 7 year old. However, I am instilling the environmental ethic in my daughter already -one day we loaded up her little daypack with a bunch of empty cans (that someone else left behind of course) and she lugged it out without a complaint! What a trooper! When she asked me "Dad, why do people leave trash at the springs?" I had to try to explain to her that unfortunately some people don't care about nature. She thinks there should be trash cans at the springs -a very logical thought for a 7 year old, but I told her the rangers don't take the trash away, only the volunteers like us. Anyway, we don't go to the springs as much now that its heating up. With summer here, we spend most of our time now at the beach bodyboarding and surfing. But we'll get up there occasionally. It's in our blood - definitely in mine after 20 years of visitation to DCHS. Anyway, I will continue to soak vicariously through all the wonderful trip reports you and others provide. I am worried about the future though -too many unresolved issues involving Mike Castro, the BLM, etc etc. Happy soakin'
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

25lbs of Trash!

Wizard 1414June 09, 2001 11:57PM

Paul P. 666June 11, 2001 09:53AM

Rick 662June 11, 2001 03:15PM

Wizard 675June 11, 2001 09:25PM

Paul P. 1083June 11, 2001 09:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login