Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report April 11, 2019

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 12, 2019 12:08PM
In the middle of Bowen ranch road I saw my first snake of the year. It was a gardener snake so I swerved to avoid killing him. The mud puddles of the previous weeks have dried up. The road around Bowen ranch to the Freedom trail head are in bad shape and have gotten more bumpy.
I arrived At the freedom trail head a few minuets after 10 a.m. I could see 3 cars at the Bowen ranch parking area. There were two cars and 1 truck at the freedom trail head. I noticed a white car with its window busted out. I saw a D.M.V. registration on the ground.and remembered the owners name. When I got to the springs I found the owner and gave him the bad news. Bummer for us both. He quickly left.Such things make one to reflect.
After this I saw two friends I had not seen for almost 5 years. We had a lot of catching up about life. It was great to see them again.
The weather was perfect hot spring weather. Mostly SUNNY with a shade cloud now and then.
At about 1:30 I got my thermometer out to see the temperatures of the pools.
The air temp was 74 degrees. Felt like air conditioned.
The water temp @ 10 feet upstream from the Arizona pool was 55 degrees. Two weeks earlier it was 46 degrees.
All temperatures are taken in the middle of the pools near their surface.
The Arizona pool was 106.5 degrees.
The Anniversary pool was 103 degrees. And Very clean THANK YOU Darwin.
The Womb pool was 101.3 degrees.
The Serenity pool was very enjoyable at 107 degrees.
The Crab cooker pool was at 114.7 degrees. A little bit warmer than before ??? Makes me wonder if a plate shift is to be in our future ?
The Contemplation pool was 91 degrees. Much warmer than I expected ??? Plate tectonics ? Two weeks earlier it was 80 degrees.
All in all another GREAT day to be at DCHS.
What have we learned? Snakes in the middle of Bowen ranch road ? BAD people busting out windows at the Freedom trail head. CANNOT STOP "PLATE tectonics"
Enjoy life any way. It IS good to be back.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report April 11, 2019

jobe1549April 12, 2019 12:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login