Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Illegal camping, campfires, graffiti, and trash

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 06, 2016 07:56PM
I have been going to the hot springs for more than 25 years now. I have never seen so much trash and graffiti than is there now. All the toilet paper and human waste in the bushes behind the springs is a disgrace and a health hazard. I blame a these issues on campers that illegally spend the night at the springs. There are day hikers that contribute to the mess, but I believe there would be a lot less if the campers weren't there. I have no problem with people camping elsewhere and hiking in every day. The campers are also destroying the trees for building campfires, which are also illegal, as everyone here knows.
I went to the ranger station in Big Bear today and discussed these issues with them. Bottom line is they simply don't have the man power to patrol the area. Everyone can help some by calling the ranger dispatch number, 909-383-5654, whenever you see campers and fires at the springs. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
The ranger also suggested I could form a volunteer group and become official national forrest volunteers. A national forrest volunteer would receive training and could take names of people breaking the law. The forrest rangers would then mail those people tickets. Since I haven't gone through the training, I'm not 100% sure how all this would work, but I'm willing to volunteer if I can find others willing to also. Is anyone here interested in finding out more about volunteering with me?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Illegal camping, campfires, graffiti, and trash

Cleansprings2483April 06, 2016 07:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login