Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS 11-9

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 09, 2012 09:07PM
My wife and I hiked down to Deep Creek today, and eventually to DCHS. While hiking down into the canyon it was quite windy but sunny. It had rained in the area earlier in the morning. We hiked along Deep Creek with its great fall colors, oranges, reds and yellows. We came across differant groups of Mallards in some of the larger pools. While hiking along the PCT I found a Deer's foot, and it looked to be from a fresh kill in the area. When we got to DCHS is was still sunny. I checked the temps of the pools, Arizona Pool 107, Aniversary Pool 104, Contemplation Pool 86, Crab Cooker 112, Serenity pool 100 on one side and 102 on the other side, Womb 99, main source up by the PCT 116, source that feeds the Arizona Pool 112. My wife and I ended up soaking in the Serenity Pool and we chatted with some first timers from South Carolina on vacation. Around 4PM we decided to hike out as it began to rain. We crossed the creek and as we dressed for our hike out it began to rain pretty hard. It continued to rain for about half of the hike back to our vehicle, and when we got to it there was a bit of snow on the ground. It also hailed some on the hike out. The surrounding hills had snow on them. My truck temp gauge said it was 35 when we left our parking spot around 5:30PM. First snow of the season up there around the Bowen Ranch area :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 10:13PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS 11-9

Wizard2133November 09, 2012 09:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login