Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Short Term Forecast

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 01, 2011 12:13PM
Thanks Rick :-) I am careful when the storms get nearer. No sense getting myself Barbequed this early in life :-) I used to do a bit of storm chasing when the big thunderstorms were around out here in the Victor Valley. Once my family and I headed out to intersect a storm near the Wild Wash exit on HWY 5, north of Victorville. That one slammed us with high winds, a deluge of rain and constant lightning hitting all over right on top of us. We retreated in our Mini Van back toward the FWY and when we got on it all the traffic came to a stand still because of the intense storm and no visibility. Another time I saw lightning hit a power pole right in front of me as I was heading toward a storm. The top of the pole ( maybe the insulator ) exploded like fireworks. These days however after seeing a number of weather channel programs on people who got hit by lightning ( and what it did to them, major problems ) I do seek some cover and lower elevations when the storms get real close :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Short Term Forecast

Rick1335September 30, 2011 06:13PM

Wizard717September 30, 2011 10:51PM

Rick754October 01, 2011 01:36AM

Wizard1215October 01, 2011 12:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login