Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Deep Creek 4-21

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 22, 2011 05:58PM
I hiked down to the creek yesterday in the general vicinity of DCHS. The day was cool with the middle of the day air temp only reaching about 60 degrees. The creek temp was 58 degrees. At one spot while looking at the steep hillside across the creek I saw a fox. Its interesting how long they are from nose to the tip of their tail and they have really short legs. It made its way across the steep rocks like a Mountain Goat, very agile :-) I found a small Garter Snake in some tall green grass and did not see or hear any rattlesnakes on this trip. While sitting by the creek a male Malard Duck landed on the pond and cruised around while my pooches barked at him :-) Many of the trees along the creek are still beginning to sprout their new leaves. Very quiet where I was at and I didn't see anybody all day, a peaceful time with Mother Nature :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deep Creek 4-21

Wizard2105April 22, 2011 05:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login