Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Deputies not equipped to enforce law

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 22, 2006 04:59PM
I've been hearing that "we need more funding" refrain from the San Bernardino Co. SO for so many years it just makes me roll my eyes! ;-) That's not to say that there isn't some merit to thier refrain; there is.

As citizens, we need to get behind local law enforcement when they apply for grants such as those provided by the state OHV Moter Rec. Division. They look closely at the amount of support (citizen letters and e-mails) they see from the local community when a county (or city) law enforcement office applies for an OHV enforcement grant.

Having said that though, I think there is some (unintentional) misdirection inherent to this whole law enforcement funding dillemma. After all, who approves the SBCO (or Victorville) annual law enforcement budget? What items are county or city governments funding that take priority over public safety dollars? Shouldn't adequate ORV enforcement be part of law enforcement base funding?Enquiring minds want to know.

desertdude

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deputies not equipped to enforce law

katrina island 1046August 22, 2006 03:00PM

Re: Deputies not equipped to enforce law

desertdude 1092August 22, 2006 04:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login