Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Autum Hike / Deep Creek and DCHS

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 15, 2005 11:59PM
My pooch Sparky and I did a hike to Deep Creek this last Friday ( 10-14 ). I saw from the weather reports that the temps would be nice and warm for Friday, cooling down quickly into Saturday and Sunday, with possible rain coming, so I figured that provided me with a great excuse to hit the creek for a dip and some sun on the buns :-) Bueatiful day down there, with light breezes and deep blue sky's. Did a big round trip, making stops at some favorite places on the creek. Did see evidence of fresh Beaver activity along the stream. Sparky found a very stinky, rotted half of a Beaver's tail, and proceeded to dine on it with delight, finding herself in a pitched battle with yellow meat wasp near the end of the meal. Lots of blooming plants and bushes this fall along the stream, and the Sycamore leaves are starting to turn colors of yellow and orange. Finally made my way to DCHS in the afternoon for a soak and good coversation with the few visitors that were there. It was a wonderful hike in the Fall splendor of Deep Creek. I put 15 photos I took during the hike at the Wizard's pictures link below. Pics 9-12 on page 43, and eleven more photos on page 44. The waters in the creek are chilly, but still very refreshing for quick dips, and the sunlight is very pleasant this time of year. Pretty soon well be retreating to the hot waters of DCHS's great pools, to beat winters cold :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Autum Hike / Deep Creek and DCHS

Wizard 1530October 15, 2005 11:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login