Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Sacrificing jobs for a few weeds

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2005 01:20PM
To whom it may concern:
When I read this article in the R-J I called K.I. right away. Why? This article, it seems to me, shows pay offs at the BLM. What most do not get is this- the BLM can not certify the existance of a flower that is not there. But can close down an area any way. Why? Follow the Money...
This pit mine is near my home. It is surrounded on the west side by Nellis Air force base, and no one hikes out there ever. Why? There is a chemical munitions storage facility on its west side. The signs out there state that "anyone found in this area can be shot on site." On the east side is the Lake Meade National Recreation area. Billions of acres. On it's south side is Sunrise mt. On the north is I-15. A major through fare.
This mine is already established and is not growing outward but stright down. There are no endangered flowers under ground. And is not disturbing anyone except people on Wall street. And my truck driving friend, who has to find a new job to support his three children.

Mojavegreen,
excellant come back. I cannot remember the true name of the native Americn tribe that owned that mountian. But I did sign potitions and donated for their cause. Because the Federal Government signed a for ever contract giving them that mountian forever- no matter what. Then with a fith or Whiskey tricked the chief into selling out. Never mind that the coal there is radio active and has killed them and their sheep off through cancer related deaths.
The Hopi are a related tribe near by, that the general public relates too. the real tribe were the Dhyl, or some thing like that. Their motto was do not kill the dhyl.

K.I.,
A lot of people in my trade are giving up jobs for pot. Go figure :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sacrificing jobs for a few weeds

katrina island 1044April 16, 2005 02:27PM

Rick 589April 16, 2005 06:19PM

LaughingBear 672April 16, 2005 08:45PM

Wizard 615April 16, 2005 11:29PM

Majority of mining interests are foreign owned

mojavegreen 608April 17, 2005 06:55PM

serenitynow 644April 17, 2005 10:55AM

jobe 1131April 18, 2005 01:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login